Eddie was filled with excitement. The mountain bike __36__ was about to start and he had been training hard. Perhaps, this year, he would finally __37__. The waiting crowd shouted encouragement, and Eddie's dad was among them, smiling __38__.
The starter's gun __39__ and Eddi got away quickly. The road was bumpy（起伏不平） with lots of sudden turns, but Eddie was __40__ for these challenges. As he went around a corner, he __41__ that his friend Riley was the only rider in front of him.
Putting in more effort, Eddie reached Riley and then suddenly he was __42__. He was going to win!
Eddie could __43__ the finish line at the top of the next hill. The crowd began to __44__ and Eddie heard his father's voice supporting him.
Moments later, Eddie heard a cry. He looked around to see Riley __45__ on the road with his bike on top of him. Any minute now, the other __46__ would rush toward him over the hill.
Eddie jumped off his bike and ran to Riley. His friend was unhurt and the boys __47__ moved Riley's bike off the road.
The other riders __48__ past to the finish line, and Eddie heard a cheer go up for the winner.
Slowly, Eddie __49__ his bike to the finish line. Tears of disappointment filled his eyes.
Then, to his surprise, Eddie heard a sound, and looked over at the crowd to see them cheering for __50__.
And there was his dad, with the proudest smile of all.
36. A. show B. race C. trip D. exercise
37. A. pay B. stop C. rest D. win
38. A. proudly B. softly C. politely D. weakly
39. A. broke up B. showed up C. went off D. fell off
40. A. ready B. thankful C. famous D. late
41. A. dreamed B. decided C. expected D. realized
42. A. side by side B. on the top C. in the lead D. far behind
43. A. pass B. see C. touch D. draw
44. A. laugh B. hide C. cheer D. leave
45. A. standing B. lying C. training D. travelling
46. A. riders B. parents C. winners D. crowds
47. A. secretly B. suddenly C. separately D. quickly
48. A. sped B. walked C. spread D. ran
49. A. threw B. pushed C. sent D. tied
50. A. them B. themselves C. him D. himself
36. B. race
37. D. win
38. A. proudly
39. C. went off
40. A. ready
41. D. realized
42. C. in the lead
43. B. see
44. C. cheer
45. B. lying
46. A. riders
47. D. quickly
48. A. sped
49. B. pushed
50. C. him
see sb doing sth,看到某人做某事，sb为人称代词宾格
Copyright © 1996-2020 SINA Corporation
All Rights Reserved 新浪公司 版权所有